xsl-list

Re: What is exciting in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] parameters in XSLT 2.0)

2005-06-08 05:20:22
On 6/8/05, Olivier Collioud <olivier(_dot_)collioud(_at_)wipo(_dot_)int> wrote:
Dimitre,

I must confess that I don't even know the meaning of much of these
concepts,
and I'm sure that many peoples (not coming functional programming
world) are in the same situation.

It would be very valuable for someone like me to see some examples
illustrating each of these topics
(also showing how similar things are done in 1.0).

Thanks!

Olivier.

Olivier,

Most of these topics are covered in the articles at:

   http://fxsl.sf.net

and at:

http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/xslfo-pdf/2003/Novatchev01/EML2003Novatchev01.pdf

   Sequences have become available only in XPath 2.0

   Saxon 8.x has a vendor-specific attribute (in the
"http://saxon.sf.net/"; namespace) saxon:memo-function, whic allows to
specify memoisation on a given xsl:function.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.