xsl-list

RE: Math: Removing X number of zeroes from number Y.

2005-06-06 07:50:14
Try with string functions - concat, substring, string-length (even OK in
XSLT 1.0), something likeconcat(
tomi

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahsan Ali [mailto:doubleletter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 4:30 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Math: Removing X number of zeroes from number Y.

Hi,

I have a fare element that is returned as, for example, 79000. The
decimal point value is specified in another element as for example 2.
Therefore the number should be: 790.00

There's a way to do this mathematically:

Where x=DecimalPoint, and y=fare, the forumla would be y/(10^x)

But as far as I know there's no exponential function in XSLT 1.0. I'm
using, or rather, _have_ to use MSXML, I can't go for FXSLT, etc.

It's worth mentioning that fare is of type 'double' and DecimalPoint is
of type 'short'

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this in plain XSL ?

Any help is appreciated,

Best Regards,

Ahsan

--
http://doubleletter.blogspot.com

--~--

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.