xsl-list

Re: is there a String indexOf() function in Xpath?

2005-07-28 14:56:40
Want to do something like this...
substring($titleText,
indexOf($titleText, ' findThisTextsIndex ')+5 ,
indexOf($titleText, 'toHere') )

Ah, one quick warning that I forgot to mention earlier although it was
sitting at the back of my mind..

Substring is
substring(intialString,starting position, length of desired substring) not
substring(intialString,starting position, ending position)

So if you go the XSLT 2.0 function writing route that Michael
suggested, you'll have to write two functions.  First, the nifty
little indexOf() that David mentioned that that I should have thought
of earlier, and one that re-implements substring.  That shouldn't be
too hard, just something like the difference of the two arguments.