xsl-list

Re: Nodeset problems

2005-07-28 01:47:41
Hi David Carlisle,

I would guess that you have bound the input parameter to the top level
element rather than the root node so $input is root
so $input/root is looking for
<root>
 <root>
which is empty and you want
$input/something

Thank you very much for the answer to that, which was totally right.

 <xsl:variable name="Test-Input" select="ms:node-set($Input)"/>

I'm surprised that you need to do that (or even that it's allowed)
in most implementations a node-set() extension function can only be
applied to a result tree fragment (converting it into a node set)
and result tree fragments are only generated by xsl:variable without a
select argument.

This was not allowed - it gave an error. The Test-Input was done after
the other three tests I made - and generated the error stated.

Why not use teTh document() function rather relying on the
system-specific mapping of DOM nodes to xpath node sets?

For the reasons explained in other threads. I have the data in a
database, and it is not feasible to save the data to a file - they are
dynamic. Joe Fawsett has been kind enough to give me some C# code that
will enable me to use the document() function directly to database,
but that would take some extra implementing, and as this works (after
you explaining what to do), I will use this for now.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)