xsl-list

RE: Validating XML file externally

2005-07-27 23:44:09
hi,

I wrote a small swing app a while ago that does this.

The validation itself is specified like thi8s:

-------- some definitions

static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
                "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";;

static final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA =
                "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";;

static String schemaSource = "/kk/artf/files/raport.xsd";

static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE =
                "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource";;

---------- the validating method

private void validateFile() throws ParserConfigurationException, SAXException,
IOException {

                String filePath;
                filePath = jPath.getText();
                f = new File(filePath);
                DocumentBuilderFactory factory =
                        DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
                factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
                factory.setValidating(true);
                factory.setAttribute(JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE, W3C_XML_SCHEMA);
                factory.setAttribute(JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE,new
File(schemaSource));
                DocumentBuilder bld=null;

        bld = factory.newDocumentBuilder();
        bld.setErrorHandler(this);

        doc = bld.parse(f);
    }

---------------
I'll send you privately the whole class just in case you want to try it out

regards
Kaarle

Hi Team,

I wrote XSD for an XML file. Is it possible to validate this XML file by
using the XSD
without modifying the XML file. I mean to say, is there any way to
validate the XML file externally
using XSD (without specifying in XML file).

Thanks,
Sundeep.