xsl-list

partial load of xml documents

2005-07-26 08:15:04
Hi everybody

I'm working on examples of expandable/collapsible tree's. At some examples
the amount of nested branches is very huge. The results are large xml
documents which are taking a while for transformation (since i'm doing it
clientsided).

Further, for expanding one single branch, the whole xml document must be
reloaded --> "xmlDoc.documentElement.transformNode(xslDoc)". To get an
alternative approach (if there is one), i am wondering if there is a
possibility to load only specific parts of an xml document or to point the
xsl transformation to a certain branch for re-rendering it.

I've already done some first steps in this direction. Initially i'm loading
only the top nodelevel, which enormously reduces the loading time.
By expanding one node,i'm loading the correpsonding branch. I'm realising
this by changing some attributes which defines expanded and collapsed
states.
Then i have defined severals templates which are covering those given
states.
But this approach leads me to the same point. Means, with each node which
will
be expanded, the loading time increases again. At this point i should be
able to
verify if one branch's already loaded or not. Is this possible?

I would appreciate any tiny hint and thank in advance for help.

-Used processor(Vendor: Microsoft, Vendor URL: http://www.microsoft.com)

Best regards, Crvelin

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++