xsl-list

Detecting character combination in XML

2005-07-24 13:25:21
Hello experts,

I have the following XML structure:

<bookshelf>
  <book>
    <title>A</book>
    <desc>This qis an interesting qbook about...</desc>
  </book>
  <book>
    <title>B</book>
    <desc>This is another good book</desc>
  </book>
</bookshelf>

When you look at the description (desc) you can see that the first text
contains sometimes a "q" (non capital letters) before a word. I would like a
script that detects all books and return their titles, when the description
contrains a space and a q next to each other somewhere in the text. This
should be only if the q is a non-capital letter. I am using Xalan and don't
really want to change the parser for this task...

This text output here would look that:

I am aware that this might be sometimes incorrect but I just want to use
this output to crosscheck and support my manual work.

Also, I have some variations for this:

variation a) I would like to detect the following ". q".
variation b) I would like to detect teh following "? q".

Any help is highly appreciated,

Karl