xsl-list

RE: Identifying place names in text...

2005-07-21 09:42:59
that looks great. However, I am just wondering if it be
possible to use a
text file for the names instead XML assuming that each line
(separated by
the CR/LF) is one reference?

Yes, just load the text file into an XML form using the technique suggested
in another thread (converting CSV file to XML).

Note that the solution using contains() is likely to be very inefficient if
the list of place-names is long; that's why I suggesting using tokenize()
and then looking up each token in the list of place names using a key.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/