xsl-list

RE: Re: About encoding - or something I relate to it ...

2005-07-21 08:17:10
It might help to diagnose the problem if your text editor had a HEX view so you
could see the bytes that are being mapped to the ?. If yours doesn't have this
feature, you could download a trial version of the editor I use (UltraEdit) to
see this at http://www.idmcomp.com.
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Karl Koch <TheRanger(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Sent:     Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:04:14 +0200 (MEST)
To:       xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject:  Re: [xsl] About encoding - or something I relate to it ...

NO, the second effect does not mean that both £ and $ have been mapped into
two questonmarks. It means basically that I don't know it. It could be both.
The data I have is the original one and there is no other. Also there is no
other person I could consult (e.g. the producer, somebody worked on it,
etc.). I am have what I have and that's it.

I am using Windows XP and IE to display it. I also have XMLSpy which also
dislays it like that. In the standard Windows text editor, I have also the
same display. Therefore I assume that this is not a result of the tool I am
using. However, I was "hoping" that somebody can tell me what when wrong
with the data in order to make me undo that in a organised way. However, now
I assume that the messing-up accident is not revertable since it is not a
one-to-one mapping (means many symbols have been mapped to ?? or ???).

Am I right in my assumption?

Karl