xsl-list

Forcing namespaces to root element of output XML

2005-07-19 13:20:19
Hello,

I have a system that runs XSL transformations on various flavors of input
XML.
I have well over 1000 XSLs.

I'd like to update to Java 1.5, Xalan 2.5.2 and Xerces 2.6.2, but I've run
into a problem with my namespaces.
Under my old config (Java 1.4.1, Xalan 2.4.1 and Xerces 2.2.1) all
namespaces in the output XML were located in the root element, and other
processes were expecting them there.

With the new config namespaces are all in their local elements.
I've noticed that I can force this if I create my root element without the
<xsl:element> function, but is there another way to force this?

Preferably without having to edit all of my XSLs.

Thank you!

Kristopher Cole