xsl-list

Re: Merging multiple xmls into a single xml

2005-07-15 08:12:40
Tempore 16:58:12, die 07/15/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com scripsit David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:

But anyway, if you're bound to use a parameter (I interpreted the OP's
wish in that direction), you'd still have to iterate through several
'document()' calls (correct me if I'm wrong)

Not necessarily, if you can pass in a parameter equivalent to a node set
<files>
<file>file1.xml</file>
<file>file2.xml</file>
<file>file3.xml</file>
</files>

then you can use
document($param/files/file)
and get a node set of three document nodes, one for each file.

Often you need to use a programming API rather than the command line to
pass in a node set valued parameter.
Really Nice:-)

Do you know - by any chance - if node-set parameters could be passed from within javascript?

more specifically in with these two functions:
a) addParameter()               MSXML2.XSLTemplate      (Microsoft)
b) setParameter         XSLTProcessor           (Mozilla)

thanks anyway,
--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)
"Η αλήθεια και το λάδι πάντα βγαίνουν από πάνω"