xsl-list

Re: Subgrouping Muenchian Grouping

2005-07-12 09:56:53
Hi,

Tempore 11:42:04, die 07/12/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com scripsit Eric Gillingham <sysrq(_at_)sysrq(_dot_)tk>:

Right now I'm using the Muenchian method to group together albums from a
straight playlist xml file, http://sysrq.tk/code/muine/playlist.xml ,
the XSL file is http://sysrq.tk/code/muine/group-albums.xsl and output
is at http://sysrq.tk/code/muine/group-albums.html . My hasn't occured
to me until recently when I purchased an album that is the same name as
one I already owned, now both are grouped under the same album, I was
wondering if there was a way that I could again seperate the albums by
artists, I'm just not sure how to go about this in XSL. Thanks.

How would you distinguish this situation (2 identically named albums by different authors) from the 'Various Artists' situation? Would you rely on document order?

You may want to see http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4486.html#d252e685 for help with two level grouping.

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)