xsl-list

Re: Creating Namespace Nodes

2005-07-12 01:35:33
  Hi David,
  I am interested in this method "but it's probably
  simpler to create a dummy attribute in the required
  namespace." How do we do this?

As I think appears elsewhere in the faq, I just meant going
putting an attribute z:dummy="" into the result to force
the namespace node for the namespace bound to z: to be in the result.
This probably means that teh result does not match some dtd but that may
or may not matter, depending on what you are doing.
Of course, if the element you arecreating is a literal result element
the situation is even easier, you can create
<element xmlns:prefix="URI" />
in XSLT 1 by going
<element xmlns:prefix="URI" />

David