xsl-list

Using variables in template match patterns?

2005-07-11 06:06:53
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether it is or isn't conform XSLT (1.0) to use variable references in template match patterns? I have something like the following, that is accepted by Xalan, but not by some other parsers:

        <!-- top level -->
        <xsl:param name="selected" />

        <xsl:template match="entry[(_at_)id = $selected]">
        </xsl:template>

I also use variables to add a filter on a key pattern, something like this:

        <xsl:key name="selected-entries" match="entry[(_at_)parent-id = $selected]"
use="@id" />

Again, Xalan is happy, but some other parsers aren't..

Who is right?

Cheers,
Geert