xsl-list

Re: Re: Re: [xsl] Importing compiled stylesheets

2005-07-01 14:41:57
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
I would prefer exsl:compiled-stylesheet-href for the name of the
attribute.

This would give the impression that only a single compiled stylesheet is
referenced. In fact the included stylesheet may and often would include
other compiled stylesheets

I don't see how it would give that impression. How is that different from
uncompiled stylesheets? I would never assume that a stylesheet brought in via
xsl:include or import would contain no includes/imports of its own.
<xsl:include href="stylesheet-with-many-includes-and-imports.xsl"/>

therefore I think that:

  <exslt:include-compiled-module href="hrefToCompiledStylesheet"/>

is slightly more precise in meaning.

It would not be usable in XSLT 1.0 because top-level elements cannot be
extensions, and as I mentioned already, a 1.0 processor could not be expected
to conditionally ignore xsl:include/import instructions.

If this was never intended to be an XSLT 1.0 processor compatible extension,
then I offer my apologies and will bow out of the discussion.

Mike