xsl-list

problem passing parameter to apply-templates

2005-08-30 15:40:38
Hi all, I'm trying to pass a parameter to a template
by using apply-templates (as showed in the stylesheet
below) but I don't get the value of the parameter when
the template is applied, i.e I should print "blabla"
but instead I get nothing (a null value or empty
string?).
I also read somewhere that this might be a kind of bug
of the xslt processor; I'm using the Cocoon framework,
which uses xalan to process xslt (I guess v. 1.0)

Although I found another (dirty) solution to get what
I want, I'd really like to know what's the error here
so I can learn from my mistakes ...

Thanks in advance,
Paula

<!-- short version of the stylesheets -->
<xsl:template match="page">
 <xsl:apply-templates select="title"/><br/>
 <xsl:apply-templates
select="document('../xml/clasif2.xml')/clasif2">
 <xsl:with-param name="nodes" select="'blabla'"/>
 </xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="item">
<xsl:param name="nodes"/>

<xsl:value-of select="$nodes"/>
</xsl:template>

<!-- xml file to which the above stylesheet is applied
-->
<page>
<title>some title</title>
<checked>