xsl-list

RE: Navigating an XML file with xsl:for-each etc.

2005-08-26 09:32:00

It's not clear to me whether add/delete always have children called c
and d,
or whether you just used these as examples. If the former,

xsl:if test="add/c = delete/c and add/d = delete/d"

A generic comparison is more difficult, and you need to specify the
requirements rather more precisely - for example, is order important?

It should be more generic.  I *wouldn't* know what is inside the "add"
or "delete" element.  Order isn't important either.

So I have to check what are inside the "add" and compare them one by one
against those under "delete". If equal then output.  I tried to explain
it better in my shopping list example. :)

Do you think such a generic thing is possible?

Thanks
Houman