xsl-list

RE: XSLT: Are XML Comments parseable?

2005-08-24 04:12:06
Comment are defined in the XPath data model, so yes. Just make sure that the
XML parser you use to contruct the source tree actually forwards the comment
events.

Cheers,

Jarno

--
Kevin Energy: Hard Transin Volume 4
<http://www.nuenergy.co.uk/new/musicEvents/djMixDetail.php?id=53>

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Khorasani, Houman
[mailto:houman_khorasani(_at_)csgsystems(_dot_)com]
Sent: 24 August, 2005 14:05
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSLT: Are XML Comments parseable?

Hello,

Is it possible to read an XML comment through XSLT 1.0, use
the Comment
as a String value to produce an XML file?

It sounds weird, but this should be a backdoor type of
solution to solve
a problem in our project.  I am not sure if XSLT can actually read the
comments at all or if it skips them right away.

Any comments?

Thanks
Houman

--~--