xsl-list

Re: Specifying the src attribute for <fo:externalgraphic>

2005-08-21 23:03:35
Hi Colin

I'm not sure why, but it worked this way even if the
src is a file name! Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Bharathi

--- Colin Paul Adams <colin(_at_)colina(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

"Bharathi" == bharathi kongara
<bharathikongara(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

    Bharathi> Sorry the last mail was sent by
mistake my xml is:

    Bharathi> <CoverPage>
<Graphics>C:\baby.bmp</Graphics>
    Bharathi> <Title>Cover Page</Title> </CoverPage>

    Bharathi> my xsl is:

    Bharathi> <xsl:template match="CoverPage">
<fo:block
    Bharathi> break-after="page">
<xsl:apply-templates
    Bharathi> select="Graphics"/>
<xsl:apply-templates
    Bharathi> select="Title"/> <xsl:apply-templates
    Bharathi> select="CoverPageText"/> </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

    Bharathi> <xsl:template match="Graphics">
<fo:block>
    Bharathi> <fo:external-graphic src=""
height="40mm" width="40mm"/>
    Bharathi> </fo:block> </xsl:template>

    Bharathi> My problem is how to refer to the
graphic location
    Bharathi> specified in the xml, in the src
attribute of
    Bharathi> fo:externalgraphic of xsl stylesheet(I
left it blank).

Well, the first thing to note is that the src
attribute must take a
URI, not a file name.

So, assuming you can correct your xml file to
specify a url rather
than a file name, you can then use xsl:element plus
xsl:attribute
(instead of coding fo:external-graphic as a literal
result element).

Within the xsl:attribute for the src attribute, you
can specify
select="CoverPage/Graphics/text()".
--
Colin Adams