xsl-list

Re: Converting Word document to Pdf

2005-08-09 07:19:04
In my own system, I use Cocoon http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
Cocoon has a serializer using FOP to create PDF.
You can also install Saxon, to get XSLT 2.0
In this environment, I transform word HTML to PDF.

Hans

On 8/9/05, Sajeesh N Kakkat <ksajeesh(_at_)in(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi,

We were also looking at a tool to do this in the best way possible but
unfortunately couldnt find one which is free or available as an open
source. Let me know if there is one which also supports XSLT2.0. The
solution can be to save Word documents HTML format,  and then convert to
PDF using HTML to XSL-FO XSLT.

             amita rathore
             <amita_rathore(_at_)ya
             hoo.com>                                                   To

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
             08/09/2005 02:13                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [xsl] Converting Word document to
             Please respond to         Pdf
                 xsl-list

Hi All,

I know this is not the right forum to ask for this
question. But I just wanted to take expert's advice on
if it  is possible to convert Word document to pdf.

I looked for AbiWord (http://www.abisource.com/) as an
option, which stores the document in Xml native form.
Has anyone written a xsl-fo for it to convert to pdf
using FOP.

Thanks in Advance !!

--~--

--~--