xsl-list

getting java file parameters and tunnelling

2005-08-09 04:49:07
Hi

I have two queries.

(1) I am passing a filename as a parameter to my XSL file from a java file. The java file code snippet looks like this:
--------------
TransformerFactory transFact = TransformerFactory.newInstance(  );
Transformer trans = transFact.newTransformer(XsltSource);
trans.setParameter("TestFileNm", new File("inputFile.xml"));
trans.transform(XmlSource, Result);

I receive this parameter in this form in my XSL file

<xsl:param name="fileNm" select="TestFileNm"/> <! -- Not working-->
and then access $fileNm as document($fileNm) etc ...

However this param doesnt seem to get the file and hence no processing happens. Could someone locate the problem please ?

(2) I want to check whether my tunnelling code is correct as I havent ever used it before and am not getting any results at the moment which might be because of (1).

I have a first.xsl which receives a parameter from my java file as such:
<xsl:output method="html" saxon:next-in-chain="second.xsl"/>
<xsl:param name="fileNm" select="TestFileNm" tunnel="yes"/>

second.xsl then receives this parameter value through
<xsl:param name="fileNm" tunnel="yes"/>