xsl-list

Re: FW: Problem with namespaces

2005-08-04 11:45:52
Just the same type problem as mine. It seems "namespace" problem is a common problem, especiall for beginners.

Michael Kay wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Professional Content LLC [mailto:cdfisher(_at_)vps1(_dot_)procontent(_dot_)org] Sent: 04 August 2005 18:14
To: mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com
Cc: cdfisher(_at_)procontent(_dot_)net
Subject: I have to send this directly... Sorry

The big-list server will not accept email in multi-part form (therefore I
cannot use my HTML email) and the Gov. facility where I work blocks the
server. I have tried other forums but the real XSLT folks hang out at
mulberrytec (sigh).

Can you post this for me in the list?  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Curtis

Problem with namespaces

I am converting an Excel generated XML file to another XML format.  If I
strip out all the namespace declarations pertaining to Microsoft in the xml
and xsl files, it works, but if I put them back in, I cannot make this work.

I'm stuck with PHP XSLT 1.0 (Sablotron) so anything with 2.0 is not
possible.  After reading MK's XSLT books and JT's beginning book on
namespaces, I feel I have an understanding of why namespaces are needed, and
how they should work.  But when it comes to how they play on access of nodes
with XPath I really don't know why this doesn't work.

Chenzhou Cui  (Chinese Virtual Observatory: China-VO)
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: (8610)64841695
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: (8610)64878240
20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz(_at_)bao(_dot_)ac(_dot_)cn
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb