xsl-list

Re: Using Saxon 8.5 and collection() to process a directory of XML fi les

2005-08-04 05:56:14

Is it possible to get the filenames so
that I can create the corresponding output folder?

You can call document-uri() on each of the document nodes in the
sequence and get back a uri-ified version of the filename.

so I want to try and achieve it all in a
single stylesheet, rather then needing the host language.

I'm also interested in this. I think (could Mike confirm?) that the main
disadvantage of going this route is that all documents processed will
(or might) hang around in memory rather than being processed and dumped
one at a time as would happen if you arrange the processing pipeline
outside xslt.

David