xsl-list

Re: similar stylesheets

2005-08-03 14:33:21
Hi, Lee,

You can try putting each template (or set of related templates) into a
separate XSL stylesheet and then including those stylesheets within
"master" stylesheets. The masters then pull together the templates you
want to apply for each type of output. Look at xsl:include in whatever XSL
reference you use.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Lee Breisacher" <LBreisacher(_at_)seagullsoftware(_dot_)com>
08/03/2005 04:20 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

<xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
cc

Subject
[xsl] similar stylesheets

I have a single type of (rather complex) input document that gets
transformed into a number of different output documents (but not all at
the same time). So I have a collection of different stylesheets that all
have the same basic structure (based on the structure of the input
document of course) -- the same match templates, etc. Then within that
structure, each stylesheet has its own particular output content.

My question is: Are there any tricks or conventions that people use in
this kind of situation to avoid the duplication of the structure of each
stylesheet? For example, if I want to pick up some portion of the input
doc that I've not dealt with before, I have to make identical changes in
each stylesheet. Ugly.

Thanks,

Lee

--~--