xsl-list

Re: appending to result-document

2005-08-02 19:14:06
On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 14:48 +0100, Rahil wrote:
Hi

I have an xsl file which has two output formats. The first one is .html
and the other is a named xml output.

The output I want is two files: (i) mainResult.html , (ii) Log.xml
-------------
<Results xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";>
    <Term>Log1</Term>
   <Term>Log2</Term>
</Results>
-----------------

How do I append xml tags in the log.xml file in the midst of general
.html output ?

Appreciate all help.

Michael's response is of course spot on. I can understand your
motivation, however, as log.xml really is just that: a log. In similar
situations I've used xsl:message.

Anybody else willing to confess to having done this, or at least having
the temptation?

sdc

Thanks
Rahil