xsl-list

RE: Retaining Entity refrence names in Output

2005-09-30 03:11:13
Perhaps I missed the beginning of this. Did you ever explain *why* you want
entity references in the output?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: UlyLee [mailto:ulyleeka(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 30 September 2005 11:08
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Retaining Entity refrence names in Output

Yes i'm using XSLT 2.0 and yes i used character-maps
for  one-character entities, but my problem are the
multiple-character entities like i describe earlier.

Can writing a customed function do trick? If yes how
do i go about in doing one. Currently what i'm doing
is running the xslt to create an initial output then i
run a separate program that will convert the
mutiple-characters to their entity reference
equivalent.  This works but i would like to find a way
to achieve an output by just running a single program.

-- Ulylee

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

I not that familliar with
creating custom functions in XSLT 2.0 but can this
be
achieve using that?

Oh you are using 2.0, For one-character- entities
the natural thing to
use would be character maps.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--

--~--