xsl-list

Re: Boolean Short Curcuit

2005-09-23 02:25:55
* David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> [2005-09-23 05:11]:

As Michael just said ypu can't rely on order of evaluation of and.
Also it's probably more natural to invert the pattern and write it as
a//b rather than b[ancestor::a] (even though they mean teh same thing)

It's probably just easiest to allow your function to return an empty
sequence by adding the * as below.

    David

    The message didn't sink in. I was under the impression that it
    was complaining about an empty sequence as a parameter, not as a
    result. I was really confused with if/then/else on the parameter
    to page:field was not fixing things.

    You're right. The function should be allowed to return an empty
    sequence. Fixed.

    Thanks, and thanks Michael for the lesson on XPath conditions.
    I'll use if/then/else rather than count on evaluation order in
    the future.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan(_at_)engrm(_dot_)com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html