xsl-list

Re: How to merge xml files present in folder into one xml file

2005-09-14 06:38:41
I have to merge xml files into one xml file present in folder.

Say in folder "test1" -- there are five xml files. (here I need to merge
into one xml file)
                   "test2"--- there are six xml files. (here I need to merge
into one xml file)

Final output is two merge xml files with respective foldernames. This I have
to do using XSL + ANT + Java.

Can anyone help me for the same.

There have been quite a few posts to the lists lately about merging
XML files.  Check the archives and the faq, or heck, just googling
xslt merging gave me quite a few useful links.  Without more
information it's difficult to give much advice.  Look at the
document() function.

Are you simply concatenating the files together under a similar tree?
That's the easiest case.  But often people are picturing something
more like a diff/merge where there are issues of conflicts and the
like.  What about duplicates, ordering, etc?   The concept of
"merging" often seems semantically loaded, that is, merging two
invoices is different from merging two recipes.

Or this is just early morning brain fog on my part and there's an easy
answer.

Jon Gorman