xsl-list

RE: Create two xml files from one xsl file

2005-09-12 11:56:27
Hi, Adam -

If you want to produce two separate outputs from the same input file, I
doubt you can do that from within a single xsl script; you would probably
end up with conflicting rules.

However, if you are simply wanting to run both conversions at the same time,
why not just use a batch file to fire the two xsl scripts consecutively?
That way, you launch your process once, and both output files are produced.
Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: ADAM PATRICK [mailto:adampatrick(_at_)btinternet(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 1:44 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Create two xml files from one xsl file

using msxml 4.0 (don't boo me please company microsoft
policy)

to explain myself a bit more... I have two xsl files that work on one xml
file what I would like is to be able to run a single xsl file (containing
the logic of both xsl files) to create two xml files...

any avenues I should look down to work it all out would be appreciated...

please treat me like an idiot at spelling things out as I am new to this
game...

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

In pure XSLT 1.0, no, but most systems offer an extension to do this
(saxon:output, xalan:redirect, exslt:document or
whatever) IN XSLT2.0
draft there is a standard xsl:result-document element that does this.

David