xsl-list

Re: custom xsl sorting

2005-09-07 22:58:09

Hi,
          Sorry. My input xml which believe you are referring to as
period.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<dynamicpage>
<val>Roman</val>
<val>Islamic</val>
<val>byzantine</val>
</dynamicpage>

which is the same as what you gave me.

And the xml 'xamp2.xml' where I store the timeperiods in order is as
follows:

<Timeperiods>
<entry period="middlebronze">1</entry>
<entry period="byzantine">2</entry>
<entry period="Roman">3</entry>
<entry period="Islamic">4</entry>
</Timeperiods>

I hope things will be clearer now.

cheers,
prakash

                      srinivas vemuri

                      <s_vas98(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)c         To:
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

                      om>                      cc:      (bcc:
omprakash.v/Polaris)
                                               Subject: Re: [xsl] custom xsl
sorting
                      09/08/2005 10:37

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to xsl-list

Hi,

I am not very familiar with XSLT. I tried to reproduce
the same & it didn't work(w/o much understanding).
My Basic assumption is that:
Key 'tp' should be built on 'period.xml'. Here i have
the core part of the code:

      <xsl:key name="tp" match="val" use="."/>
      <xsl:variable name="tps"
select="document('xamp2.xml')/Timeperiods"/>

Inside template match /dynamicpage
      <xsl:for-each select="$tps/*">
      <xsl:sort select="."/>

            <xsl:variable name="outp"
select="key('tp', @period)"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="$outp"/>

      </xsl:for-each>
What does sort do here? Sorts tps values!! or Sorts
/val values?? Neither makes sense to me.

Please correct me!!!

Thanks for your inputs & valuable time.

Srinivas.

--- omprakash(_dot_)v(_at_)polaris(_dot_)co(_dot_)in wrote:

Hi,
     The following stylesheet should do what you
want.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

<xsl:output method="text"></xsl:output>

      <xsl:key name="tp" match="val" use="."/>
      <xsl:variable name="tps"
select="document('xamp2.xml')/Timeperiods"/>

      <xsl:template match="/dynamicpage">

      <xsl:for-each select="$tps/*">
      <xsl:sort select="."/>

            <xsl:variable name="outp"
select="key('tp', @period)"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="$outp"/>

            <xsl:if test="not(position() = last())
and $outp">
            <xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
            </xsl:if>

      </xsl:for-each>

  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

cheers,
prakash

                      srinivas vemuri

                      <s_vas98(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)c         To:
   xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

                      om>                      cc:
   (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)

Subject: [xsl] custom xsl sorting

                      09/08/2005 08:31

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to xsl-list

Hi,

I have to perform xsl sorting based on time period
instead of regular ascii or integer based sorting.
For
ex: According to ascii, BYZANTINE  comes before
MIDDLE
BRONZE. But, according to this sort(time period):
MIDDLE BRONZE comes before BYZANTINE.

My initial idea is like this. A separate xml:
'period.xml' has this period to ascii mapping.
<entry period="middlebronze">1</entry>
<entry period="byzantine">2</entry>
<entry period="Roman">3</entry>
<entry period="islamic">4</entry>
Now, my stylesheet should be applied to a dynamic
xml
page & should order period values occur in that
page.

<dynamicpage>
<val>Roman</val>
<val>Islamic</val>
<val> byzantine </val>
</dynamicpage>

desired output after xslt application:

byzantine,  Roman, Islamic

Please help regarding how xslt should look like?

--~--

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential
information and is sent for the intended
recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail
has been misdirected to you, you are requested to
delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form
of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail
message, contents or its attachment other than by
its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

--~--

--~--