xsl-list

Kudos and thanks to the list

2005-09-07 18:39:24
Thanks to this list and the excellent participants thereof, I'm rapidly gaining understanding of XSL.

Due to a brief comment by Michael Kay - I realised my bizarre XPath statements were due to a default namespace problem and so could replace the hack <xsl:template match="*//*[name()='tx.insert_object']"> with a much more sane <xsl:template match="/fl:tx.insert_object"> Jeni Tennison has an excellent article in the FAQ about default namespaces.

The examples in the FAQ for transforming a flat file into structure has been exceedingly helpful.

My question to the list was promptly answered, even though a similar question was recently answered.

So cheers and thanks to one and all for an excellent list.

To do list - read XSLT Programmer's Reference by Michael Kay and try to better understand XSLT.

Lynn