xsl-list

Re: apply-templates issue

2005-09-07 08:23:23
Thanks a ton for the input.

However, and I should've mentioned this in my original
post, the issue with this solution is that I'm not
guaranteed to have "MyFields" as a tag.  In fact,
everything below the "xml-to-input" tag will contain
varying tag names.

Not to mention, the xml can be many levels deep, and
I'd want to print all the levels.  Example:

<xml-to-input>
  <FormXYZTitle>
    <Name type="string"/>
    <Address>
      <Street type="string"/>
      <City type="string"/>
      <Country type="string" select="1">
        <option>A</option>
        etc...
      </Country>
    </Address>
  </FormXYZTitle>
</xml-to-input>

Would result in this:

FormXYZTitle
  Name [input box]
    Address
      Street [input box]
      City [input box]
      Country [select box]

--- Joris Gillis <roac(_at_)pandora(_dot_)be> wrote:

Tempore 23:43:55, die 09/06/2005 AD, hinc in
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com scripsit footh
<footh(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>:

If I do that then the stylesheet will not iterate
through the entire xml doc.  It stops at the first
element.

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that the match pattern
of the middle template should be changed to
'MyFields/*'.

--
Joris Gillis
(http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)