xsl-list

xxRe: efficient use of key element and function

2005-09-07 03:56:52
<name>schmid_hans</name>
and
when keyed with 'schmid_hans' would both return an element
I'm unable to verify the second case using Saxon 8.5.1.

I was thinking the use attribute only comes into play _after_ a match
was found and in some way can be viewed as a return value (per node)
of the key function? So again, if I'm interested only in "node found" and
"no node found", what is the use attribute for?

If might be better to match on text() than on *
For my test-case it should be the same.

Regards, Manfred