xsl-list

Re: XSLT 2.0 : Deployment

2005-10-31 12:09:55
On Monday 31 October 2005 18:40, Agnisys wrote:
My understanding is that <?xml-stylesheet ?>  doesn't work with XSLT 2.0.
Is there a way to make that work. The deployment would be very simple if it
is possible.

Whether <?xml-stylesheet ?> is at all interpreted is application dependent,
from what I know. For example, browsers which support XSL-T do.

The reason why <?xml-stylesheet ?> in browsers doesn't work with XSL-T 2.0 is
because no browsers does at all support XSL-T 2.0.

From what I know, I think the chances for XSL-T 2.0 to arrive in Internet
Explorer or the Mozilla family are small(or at least take a long time),
partly due to XSL-T/XPath 2.0 is a lot of work to implement, even if one have
XSL-T/XPath 1.0 in place.

However... and I now put on my salesman smile, XSL-T/XPath 2.0 would most
likely arrive in Konqueror in KDE 4.0(and in effect, most likely ported to
WebCore, and derivatives of Konqueror/Safari) /if/ I was financially
stabilized. XPath 2.0 is implemented to about "85%" on the KDOM platform, the
API to be used for future KHTML2, and which WebCore is ported to.

Cheers,

                Frans

(Expressing personal opinion, endorsed by no party.)