xsl-list

XPath 2.0 / XSLT 2.0 status and timing

2005-10-24 11:19:13
Hi,

Both the XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 presently on the w3.org web site indicate they're at "Working Draft" status as of Sep 15.

Am I correct in thinking they are not going to advance until other specifications on which they depend have been finalized? (I can't remember where I heard this: maybe on this list, once upon a time.)

Could someone actually knowledgeable confirm whether this is true, and perhaps remind me what's the dependency and what's the time table? If not, what's a more accurate representation of the current status of these specs?

I ask not because I'm in a hurry, but because people are interested in the current status: inquiring minds want to know, etc.

Thanks!
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau