xsl-list

Re: Frustrating with XSL-T 2.0 [wasRe: [xsl] Re: Spam:[xsl] RE: String manipulation in XSLT]

2005-10-20 13:45:50
Nothing about 2.0 frustrates me overly much. When I made that comment, I
was thinking that the learning curve for the new version might frustrate
some people. There's nothing particularly tough about it, but it's the
nature of the software industry that most of us have to learn under tight
deadlines. The other source of potential frustration that comes to mind is
the differences between 1.0 (and 1.1) and 2.0. When something doesn't work
quite like it used to, that can be frustrating. And the more subtle the
difference, the more frustrating it can be.

For the most part, 2.0 has relieved my frustrations. for-each-group,
analyze-string, tokenize(), min() and max(), upper-case() and
lower-case(), and other instructions and functions have all saved me
bunches of time and made for shorter files. Notice how these items embody
grouping, regular expressions, and string manipulation. For me, those are
the three big improvements of 2.0.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Frans Englich <frans(_dot_)englich(_at_)telia(_dot_)com>
10/20/2005 12:55 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
[xsl] Frustrating with XSL-T 2.0 [wasRe: [xsl] Re: Spam:[xsl] RE: String
manipulation in XSLT]