xsl-list

RE: xsl:include and validation

2005-10-17 07:42:32
I've now recalled that this was a known problem in 8.5 that was fixed in
8.5.1:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1261783&group_id=29
872&atid=397617

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com [mailto:JBryant(_at_)s-s-t(_dot_)com]
Sent: 17 October 2005 15:42
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:include and validation

The problem is that Saxon (8.5) tries to validate the
included stylesheet,

No, Saxon doesn't try to validate your stylesheet modules.
It's the XML
parser that's doing it. Saxon doesn't ask the XML parser to do it, so
there's something else in your configuration that's
requesting it. Perhaps
you've fetched the included stylesheet modules using a
URIResolver that's
requesting validation.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

I installed Java 1.5 and Saxon 8.5 and ran Saxon from the
command line
with the -v switch. What else in the configuration could
cause the parser
(JAXP 1.3, I gather) to try to validate an included stylesheet?

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

--~--