xsl-list

Re: Which patterns will select the root node?

2005-10-16 07:01:33
Hi,
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

Btw, here is another pattern that matches root node :o)

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:key name="mykey" match="/" use="'root'"/>
  <xsl:template match="key('mykey', 'root')">

I suppose the pattern is what's written inside the match attribute in the stylesheet :) - so that's the same as ever, except that it's in a key, not a template?

Thanks for the answers. Just wanted to be sure. I'm doing some XSTL analysis where I rewrite match expressions to let them match only one particular node type (root node, named element, ...), and I just wanted to make sure that the only possible match pattern that could have accepted the root node in some previous iteration of my analysis was "/" (don't need to rewrite that).

Oh, and I thought up another pattern that will match the root node (not its child, the document element): A union pattern with a / as one of its subpatterns...