xsl-list

Caching of XSL under Tomcat

2005-10-12 00:48:19
Hi,

i use xalan 2.6.0 in a Tomcat environment.

To display data in html i use an xsl, say a.xsl. a.xsl includes b.xsl to
use it's templates. b.xsl has many templates e.g. xy. this template
which isn't used in a.xsl. xy is located in c.xsl.

So, running a.xsl must have access to xy in c.xsl. Where should i
include it? In a.xsl or in b.xsl? Including it in b.xsl has the
following consequence: when i have some other template (say d.xsl) using
directly some templates of c.xsl which must be included in d.xsl. So,
when d.xsl uses b.xsl, i get two includes of c.xsl producing an error.
Should i use import instead of include?

This problem seems to be very simple, but i have many templates,
including some other templates. I have some sort of hierarchy - primitiv
templates to complex templates generating complete HTML pages. So the
above mentioned problem arises often.

Furthermore it seems to me that Tomcat or xalan uses some sort of
caching of xsl. Before i was using xalan 2.3.1 - an this problem never
arised. Now using 2.6.0 causes this problem. Did they change something
in this context?

Best regards
Thomas.