xsl-list

Re: Request for XSLT2.0 / XML Schema triples

2005-11-28 16:13:59
Hi Soren,

Having public access to your analyser will be very useful.

It seems to be a kind of type-inference engine. I wonder whether
Michael Kay is not already doing something like this (of course I
can't know as I've never tried his SA Saxon).

It is interesting whether such kind of type inference can be done
statically, or if it generally requires dynamic analysis.

One example is:

  <xsl:function name="f:foo" as="item()*">

    <!-- Code, producing *always* a non-empty sequence of elements -->

  </xsl:function>

Will your analyser confirm the fact that f:foo() is producing element()+  ?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev