xsl-list

Re: Node ordering question with preceding axis

2005-11-27 07:47:34
On 11/27/05, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
The result of a path expression (an expression involving "/") is always in
document order.

I'm not sure exactly what you want, but you might be able to get it by
replacing

A/B

with

for $a in A return $a/B

which doesn't sort into document order.

Michael,

    I wasnt able to figure out how to get your solution to work
(probably because I picked A and B incorrectly to apply to my
testcase).Thats ok, though, because my objective was to understand the
behaviour of the language, and your answer pointed me in the right
direction. It wasnt clear to me from reading the spec (and your book)
that the reverse axis only changed the context position and not the
order of nodes in the result of an XPath expression.

Thanks,
Kenneth