xsl-list

RE: Question About Translate Function

2005-11-26 01:27:53
To write the < and > characters in an XML document (such as an XSLT
stylesheet), use &lt; and &gt;

I haven't even tried to understand why you want to change > into >, however.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: floatingisland(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
[mailto:floatingisland(_at_)aol(_dot_)com]
Sent: 26 November 2005 05:58
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Question About Translate Function

Hi,

Using the XSLT translate function, is there a way to change
< to > and > to >. I have an XML document, saved out
of Microsoft InfoPath, which changes the XML tags pasted into
a text box into a text string of (for example)
<myXmlElementName>myXmlElementText</myXmlElementName>
instead of <myXmlElementName>myXmlElementText</myXmlElementName>

I'm using Apache Cocoon Version 2.0.3.
This is the translate function that I'm using:
<xsl:value-of select="translate(//myXmlElementName, '<', '<')" />
<xsl:value-of select="translate(//myXmlElementName, '>', '>')" />

This is part of the error message that Cocoon generates:

The value of attribute "select" must not contain the '<' character.
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in creating
Transform
Handler:
org.xml.sax.: SAXParseException: The value of attribute "select" must
no conatin

the "<" character.

Any ideas?

Thanks,