xsl-list

RE: "position()" inside a sorted apply-templates (Akin to: sorted for-each: preceding::sibling is not in sort order)

2005-11-18 10:20:23
Michael Kay writes:

[1] XSLT 1.0 section 10: ...
[2] XSLT 1.0 section 5.1: ...

Note that position() returns the position of the current node within the
current node list.

Thanks, that helps a lot.  I'm generally pretty good at reading tech
docs, but when I read the spec the first time I think I got confused
on the source list vs. current node list.  At the top level, before
any sorting or anything, the source list is the current node list.
This helps me understand where and how the current node list changes.

Can anybody point me to the clause in the standard where it
covers axes context vs. function context?

It doesn't. Those are not concepts that the specification uses, they are
concepts you have invented for yourself.

Actually they are more "vocabulary" I invented because I didn't have a
better way to phrase the question.

Thank you,
--
Rodman