xsl-list

Supposed to post XML variables to a Servlet via HTTP using XML Post

2005-11-17 16:03:13
I'm passing credentials from one app to another...

Can someone help me understand what an XML Post is? And how
I pass variables to a Java servlet using an XML Post via HTTP?
Do I use XSL?

-------------------------
John Bruso
IS Developer
Sheridan College
ph  307.674-6446-2608

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 12:13 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL2 attribute and schema-attribute tests

If I do a <xsl:whatever select="attribute(foo)"/>, does the
select the
not default to the child axis

No, this is special-cased: if the node test has the form attribute(xxx)
or
schema-attribute(xxx) then the axis defaults to the the attribute axis.

Another  one:

Will "self::node()/@foo" ever select anything,  or any nodes not by
killed .. killed by axes .. even two of them, disjoint
princpal node types?

self::node() selects the context node regardless what kind it is, the
principal node kind doesn't come into it. So the above expression is
fine.
But self::*/@foo will never select anything.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/