xsl-list

Static type-checker

2005-11-17 04:08:57
  Hi

  I'm looking for a static type-checker tool, but I found nothing yet.
What I'm looking for is something like the following in Saxon, but
extendend at the entire XSLT script:

    <xsl:template match="schema-element(my:list)">
      <xsl:value-of select="my:elem[1]"/>
      <xsl:value-of select="my:zorglub[1]"/>
    </xsl:template>

  Because the 'list' element is declared as a list of 'elem', Saxon
says:

    Warning: on line 13 of saxon-static-analysis.xsl:
      The complex type list_type does not allow a child
      element named zorglub

  The goal is not to make the checking each time I run the script (but
it's also ok), but having a tool to check the script after each change.

  Does such a tool exist?

  Michael, are such features planned to be added in Saxon in a near
future?

  Thanks,

--drkm