xsl-list

Re: Display file name

2005-11-15 09:41:31
Siarom E.,
One way I do this is to use naming conventions for my files.

Often their is a unique @ID in the file that I use as the string for
output files and for display of the file name. Mostly, I use the @ID
string to build unique @name and @href strings in the output.

Otherwise, this is not really something that XSLT 1.0 does.

Mike Ferrando
Library Technician
Library of Congress
Washington, DC
202-707-4454

--- siarom egrub <egrubs(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Manfred,

    I am an XML Developer (XSLT, XSLFO, DTDs, etc.).
One of the projects that I am currently working on
(developing FO style sheets for biomed company's
regulatory letters) requires the names of the files to
display on the bottom of the PDF.

    I know that I can add an element to the DTD which
would also be in the XML and in turn appropriately
accounted for in the style sheet. However, I was
thinking that there may be another way of doing it
other than my aforementioned resolution.

Thanks,

S.E.

--- Manfred Staudinger <manfred(_dot_)staudinger(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hi Siarom,
Its a bit unclear to me what you do - maybe you have
a xml input file
and want to transform it with a stylesheet and have
the output
displayed with a browser?
What have you achieved so far?
--- it wont hurt to give a bit of information !
Regards Manfred