xsl-list

RE: Can I use attributes with namespaces?

2005-11-14 01:04:20
Hi,

I would like to add new attributes to existing XHTML elements.
For example <a myns:reference="...">. Is this possible and how

By just creating that attribute into the result tree. You can do it e.g. by
declaring the myns namespace in the xsl:stylesheet element and then adding the
myns:reference attribute using xsl:attribute.

can I use xpath to access this attribute?.

With XSLT 1.0, not while you're creating the attribute, unless you use node-set
extension to cast the Result Tree Fragment that contains the attribute into a
node set.

Jarno