xsl-list

Re: News

2005-11-04 03:31:29

  However, an XQuery test converted to XSLT 2.0 most likely is not a
  very representative XSLT 2.0 test.

  So, we need a test suite targeting XSLT 2.0.

Oh yes all this is true of course. But if you want to make a test suite
then this gets you started with the bulk work of small unit tests
testing all the F&O functions. It doesn't have a single apply-templates
anywhere (because Xquery is essentially XSLT without apply-templates).
I agree testing XSLT usage without testing apply-templates is about as
typical as testing perl without regular expressions, or lisp without
lists, but still it's a start.

I made the test suite as by-product of testing my XQuery implementation
(which converts xquery to xslt then gets saxon  to evaluate the xslt)
It wasn't specifically aimed at producing an xslt test suite.
It's all w3c-licenced so some or all of it could be incorportaed into
any official w3c xslt test suite. (I've had some prelimnary discussions
with the xslt group about that, which I would expect we'll pick up on
again now that they are in CR phase).

David