xsl-list

RE: access the root element

2005-11-03 09:24:06
If I got you right, then I must get the Metrics (=root) element from the
match="/" template by the path "Metrics" or "./Metrics".

I tried inside the "/" template following:
<xsl:value-of select="Metrics/@date" />
but didn't got the expected value.
in oXygen XSLT Debugger I tried all known ways of XPath definitions to
access it in the XWatch tab, but no success.

I also tried to do an apply-template to "Metrics" or "/Metrics" with the
according template there - they aren't even be called while debugging.

Kai

--- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
Von: drkm <darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr>
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: RE: [xsl] access the root element
Datum: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:41:45 +0100 (CET)

Kai Hackemesser wrote:

It is a completely wellformed XML file. I try to access the
attributes of the Metrics element (the root element).

    <xsl:template match="/">

  You're not matching on the root element, but the root node.  Think
about the difference between the following templates:

    <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="Metrics"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="/Metrics">