xsl-list

Re: Using document() for multiple unknown input files

2005-11-02 06:38:17
Thank you very much for your very helpful input.
I tried to solve my issue with a collection searching a directory,
but since this search had to be done multiple times (each time searching an
other directory)
within my stylesheet, performance was very poor.
So I did it with an XML help file, which contained my needed information.
Thanks a lot for your help!

If you are using collection() you probably want to be using
saxon:discard-document() as well:

<xsl:variable name="elems" as="element()*"
select="for $x in
collection('file:///C:/xmldir?select=*.xml;recurse=yes;on-error=ignore')
                        return
saxon:discard-document($x)//the_elements_that_you_want"/>